<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 11, 2006

iBanking, IE only?

CLARIFICATION!!: Please read this post for clarification on the Firefox and UOB issue. I did not say ALL Firefox browser CANNOT work with UOB. I merely posted information told to me by the technical helpdesk when I encountered difficulties with my browser (which was probably my own doing) and I did not distort the information in anyway. If you feel that I should have checked my facts before posting, then please, kindly call UOB and check with them what browser they support.

Now this is the original post.
*************************

I'm a user of UOB internet banking, and quite some time ago, I was unable to use Firefox to login to my internet banking account. After calling up the techinical helpdesk etc, I found out that UOB does not support Firefox. WHY? They recommend using IE.

I made a comment to the tech that we all know how secure IE is, therefore why force us to use IE. Guess what, the tech had no comments at all. I think deep down inside, he agreed with me but of course he could not verbalise that opinion.

Till this day, I cannot understand why I cannot use Firefox to login to UOB internet banking services. This happened quite suddenly after a long period of me using Firefox happily.

15 Adorations
Comments:
did you use firefox 2.0?
 
hi...you can use the firefox extension "IE tabs". Think it will help
 
funny, i have used firefox with UOB's internet banking for the past 5 years.

Desmond
 
works fine for me. try updating to firefox 2 and get the latest java drivers.
 
Well, using IE Tabs is as good as using IE.

IE doesn't only have security problems - it gives web developers like myself lots of headache.
 
Confirmed Firefox 1.5 and 2.0 can use.
 
Hmm. After reading all these comments, I think I should kinda take the tech's comments with a pinch of salt.

I'll try with firefox 2.0 once I get the time to mess around with updates.

Thanks guys!
 
Firefox have been working with UOB internet banking all this while. Perhaps you have some extensions that are conflicting or preventing the bank's secure login script.

For example, you'll need to allow scripting if you're using the Noscript extension.
 
Firefox works with UOB, but the official statement I got from UOB was that they do not support firefox.

I had also been using firefox with UPB, until it suddenly failed to work. Might have been some changes in my browser that I was unaware of. Need to get that checked out.
 
I've been using Firefox and performs UOB iBanking almost weekly without any problem.
The only site that doesn't support FireFox is JobsDB.com
 
By the way, I am using Firefox 1.5.0.8.

I will have to spend more thought into this to get Firefox to work cos I really do not want to use IE to access.
 
Well, Standard Chartered proudly states that it supports NN, Mozilla, FF and IE. Maybe you should change banks? LOL. :)q
 
Firefox/1.5.0.8 user here too, and absolutely no problems with UOB ib. Used firefox 2.0 at work and it's perfectly fine with UOB ib too. Perhaps DK should do some research before making the statement.

"Recommended by DK: "UOB internet banking doesn't support firefox."
 
I'm innocent lor. I got the info from here. Am I suppose to verify every blog post before submitting to tomorrow.sg?
 
For clarification of this whole issue, please read my post http://elfshrine.blogspot.com/2006/11/why-my-firefox-could-not-work-with-uob.html

Please note that I did not say that ALL Firefox browsers CANNOT work with UOB. Just that mine did not. I do not know how to prove that, but it certainly did not work.

However, I have upgraded Firefox to version 2.0 and everything is fine now.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?