<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Why My Firefox Could Not Work With UOB

I was surprised to notice a large number of comments being posted on my post on my Firefox 1.5.0.8 not working with UOB. I had no idea where they were coming from, but an enlightened friend showed me the tomorrow page.

Now, as I have started the flak around Firefox and UOB, I feel the need to clarify things a bit.

First of all, previous to the incident when I could not use Firefox with UOB, I was happily using Firefox to access UOB. It just so happened that some settings of mine must have been screwed up by something I did. I'm not a very good tweaker of browsers so I decided to call UOB Technical Helpdesk to see what they can do.

At that point in time, the Helpdesk told me that a memo was circulated informing the Helpdesk that only IE 6 is being supported by UOB. This then led to my statement on why should we be forced to use IE.

I feel the need to clarify this, because out of the comments I have received, alot of them either feel that I did not check facts or something to that effect.

It is a fact that my firefox could not access UOB and I called UOB Helpdesk and got the 'IE 6 only' info .

I did not state that ALL users of Firefox CANNOT access UOB.

If anyone STILL feels that I need to double check facts (or triple check or qudruple check it), please call UOB to ask them what browser they support. I have just verified the information as of 1911 hrs 14th November 2006 that they only support IE 6. They also do not recommend using IE 7.

I appreciate those who have helped me to sort out my browser issues and I am glad to announce that I have upgraded to Firefox 2.0 and am currently able to access UOB iBanking site with Firefox.

Now someone help me sort out my post limit issue!

2 Adorations
Comments:
Sorry. I thought it was an interesting article, that why I submitted it to Tomorrow.sg.

Didn't expect this kind of respond. Sorry.

Next time I'll think twice before submitting anything to tomorrow.sg.
 
Yeah it's ok. I wish people will read properly first and ascertain what it was I was trying to say, instead of just saying, "I don't have a problem so you are wrong, go check your facts!!"
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?