<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

San Francisco, Anchorage & Fairbanks March 2017 [Day 6] 

Nothing really much to do in Anchorage, so we stayed in the hotel until check out time, left the luggage at the hotel and went out for lunch at F Street Station. The reviews online were that the food was pretty good but you see the odd review that the service was less than expected. So I was a bit worried going there. However, during my visit, the service was impeccable. The server kept coming around to check if we needed anything else. Whether that was a way to get us out faster, I don't know and I don't really care. I just thought that was pretty good.

The food was pretty ok too. Can't say much about the relative quality compared to other offerings in the area, but I think it was good enough for me. My mains was fried calamari, while my mum had the halibut salad. Also ordered the garlic bread. The whole meal cost us USD 38 which I thought was a pretty good price for a seafood meal.

After lunch we popped over to the Anchorage 5th Avenue Mall to hang out at the Starbucks there for a couple of hours, afterwhich we walked back to the hotel and collected our bags to head off to the airport.

We checked in almost 4 hours before the departure time and went through the TSA Prechk, so there was hardly any crowd (we were told that most flights from Anchorage leave late at night) and found a McDonald's to eat at. That took us only 2 hours lol. Went to wait at the gate till boarding time and it turns out that the flight was delayed due to technical issues. In the end we took off about 75 mins after the scheduled time, but the pilots hightailed it to Fairbanks, cutting 15 mins off the flight. Awe even had a drinks service, so this must be the shortest flight I've ever had, AND has a drinks service.

The Fairbanks International Airport is not very big. It has 2 levels, and the terminal is split in half with departure and arrival. We managed to get the hotel to send us a shuttle and finally got settled in the room by about 0200hrs.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?