<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 05, 2014

Paris & London 2014 (Day 8) 

Today, we will be going to Tower of London and Tower Bridge (London Bridge). Or at least look at London Bridge.

So we took the Underground to Tower Hill Station and once we got out of the station, we crossed the road and found ourselves in the Merchant Navy Memorial. I've always got a soft spot for war memorials. That's probably why I like Berlin alot, cos they seem to be so open about it. "Hey guys, we screwed up. Ooops." No covering (or at least not that severe?)

Anyway, the Merchant Navy Memorial is a rather nicely done up place. There is a small lawn with a compass rose, and a small building with inscriptions.










After a brief visit to the Merchant Navy Memorial, we moved over to the Tower of London. Before buying the tickets, we had lunch (Cod and Chips) and bought some souvenirs.

Tickets to the Tower of London cost GBP 22 with a voluntary donation. They will ask you if you want to donate. In the event that you do not wish to donate, you can get the ticket for GBP 20.  The Tower of London is a pretty nice place and I do recommend this as a visiting location when you come to London. For starters, the Crown Jewels are displayed here. They are so pretty! And they are worth a gander, unless you absolutely hate things that sparkle. It also gives you a fair look into the history of England and the Royalty, as the Tower of London is still considered a Royal Palace. Follow the Yeoman warder on the guided tour, ours was so funny it was enjoyable! I hope you get one as enjoyable too!

I didn't get all too many photos of the Tower of London as the weather was frightfully dreary... but on a better day (maybe in the summer or something) I'm sure this will be a very nice place.







The White Tower will take you an hour or so. The Crown Jewels will take at least half an hour. Cater your time accordingly. I travel slow, so my timing may seem too long for you. I should say that at a comfprtable pace, the Tower of London should take around 3 to 4 hours. For a quick blitz, just whack the Crown Jewels and the White Tower and you can be done in less than 2 hours.

We didn't go to Tower Bridge, but we were close enough to get some shots of it. Probably good that I didn't go on the bridge, I think I would be tempted to sing a song....... Hmmm.


We pretty much went around the whole of Tower of Londn, or so we should like to think. This brought us to around 5 pm, where we decided to move onto the West End.

We had dinner at this place called Muriel's. It's a really nicely appointed place and the food was quite good as well. Really relaxing dinner before the show. Really enjoying the West End gig we are!!

The show for tonight is Les Miserables. It's like one of the pegs in my Trinity of Musicals. Unfortunately, I felt that Fontaine wasn't very good. Either that or it was her style of presenting I Dreamed a Dream. The higher notes sounded like there were forced out but maybe that's her style. I didn't really like Cossette either but I never really liked Cossette. Jean Valjean was ok..... He's not Colm Wilkinson but I guess it's not fair to label everyone. Colm Wilkinson is just mega large shoes to fill, really.

Javert was good. But no one clapped for Javert's Sololiquy... but they appluaded Marius' Empty Chairs at Empty Tables that followed, and Marius stuck a wrong note in there too! Tsk. The discrimination. Javert, I support you! Sorry I didn't clap. I usually clap at the end.

So, Les Miserables. A minor disappointment but the show was not too bad. Just that I think we need to adjust expectations. We can't always have the best cast. Even the best cast have off days. Maybe the voice is just not performing that day etc.

The next time I come to London, I'll still be watching!!

2 Adorations
Comments:
How I Got My Loan From A Genuine And Reliable Loan Company

I am Mrs.Irene Query i was in need of a loan of S$70,000 and was scammed by those fraudulent lenders and a friend introduce me to Dr Purva Pius,and he lend me the loan without any stress,you can contact him at (urgentloan22@gmail.com) Approvals within 24-72 Hours

1. Your Full names:_______
2. Contact address:_______
3. Country Of Residence:______
4. Loan Amount Required:________
5. Duration:_____
6. Gender:_____
7. Occupation:________
8. Monthly Income:_______
9. Date Of Birth:________
10.Telephone Number:__________

Regards.
Managements
Email Us: urgentloan22@gmail.com
 
Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?