<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 21, 2014

Beijing Lightning Trip April 2014 (Day 2) 

Lazed around all morning... watched some movies on TV.. just the same as last night. Oh, I watched 十二金钗 last night, it's a movie about the Sino-Japanese war and it's really good! Today, it's 太极张三丰 (The Taiji Master) which is quite apt since I am going to a taoist Temple hahaha. And to add to that, they were showing "Man of Taiji" as well. Overdose much.....

Anyways.... watched TV... walke around a bit... had KFC (with soya bean drink!) and then made my way to the airport. The chicken at KFC was small, but delicious!

Upon reaching the airport, I realised that the time of flight arrival given to me by the tour agency was wrong... so I had to while away another 3 hours of time in the airport. BUMMER....

It' so fun and exciting to be meeting and picking people up at the airport and this is even more so when it's an overseas airport! I did it once last year and I tell you, when I was waving to my friend as she came out of the arrival area, I felt almost like a local in Japan lol. If you can't be it, you gotta fake it!

Nothing much to do today after picking up my parents but to bring them back to the hotel, have dinner and settle in... but oh... that in itself is an adventure!!

Before I had left the hotel that day, I went down to the reception to ask about the hot water because I was almost frozen silly the previous night as the water was merely luke warm and I was freezing. The answer I got from the reception was to let the water run longer... I was like.. at the end of my bath the water was still not hot, so how long did I need to run the water for? They could not give me an answer.... It was not undertil someone who was in ordinary clothes and using the PC at a table to the side asked me fore more details did I feel that some attention was given to my problem. I also told him about the toilet bowl that was getting choked. It was like epicly choked. Really. Almost overflowing. I was told that someone would look at it and so I left the hotel happy.

After returning with my parents, it was discovered that not only was the toilet bowl problem not solved, the water flooded even more than when I left it! I am not sure how that was even possible. Perhaps someone went in to take a look, attempted to flush it and realised they couldn't get the water to recede and thus left it at that.

I went down to reception about this... and ... the guy found me a plunger.

Yay. Thanks. I got a PLUNGER. For the toilet bowl. I was expected to clear the choke myself. He didn't even want to look at the choke. I had to force him to look at the choke and then he ran away. I should really have taken a photo of the choked toilet bowl and the plunger. As proof.

What nonsense, I had to pay around SGD 100 a night for this experiential stay is it? And so, I had no choice but to clear the choke myself. Seriously. The location of the hotel is great. The service? No.

After clearing the choke, I went out with my parents for dinner and they suggested Mac's!! So of course we went to Mac's. The cashier was serving us when the manager asked us to change our orders to takeaway cos they were closing. Sow e were getting kicked out.. and he only gave me like 2 packs of sugar for 3 cups of tea and that was after I asked for more sugar. Haiz. Really. I think the service we get in SG from PRC personnel is heavenly in comparison.

Returned to the hotel and wanted to ask for bedsheets so that I could lay it on the tea sofa and sleep.. cos really, the cushion of the tea sofa was quite dirty and you would be ok to sit on it but not sleep on it. The reception guy (the same one who passed me the plunger) said that the room service staff had left for the day and there were no bedsheets to be had. WHAT NONSENSE AGAIN?

So I removed all the cushion off the friggin tea sofa and slept on the wood. Had to clean off the bottom as well since there were dust and nut bits from long ago..... And of course the aircon was dusty (occ health habits die hard)









I say again. Hyde Hotel Beijing, great location, terrible service. I don't think all the staff are like this, but as along as you have staff like that, it's enough.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?