<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Beijing Lightning Trip April 2014 (Day 1) 

On my previous trip to Beijing with an organised group tour, my expected half day free and easy (which was the reason why I chose that trip in the first place) evaporated. The person who sold me the tour suggested that I fly via Jetstar for a cheaper price, but the problem was that this meant that when we met at the airport at night, that was already considered the first day of the itinerary. I had specifically asked if flying at night meant that we went one day earlier and the day we arrived in Beijing would be considered day 1 of the itinerary. The person who sold me the package said yes.. but in the end it wasn't so and I lost the half day free and easy time which I wanted so that I could bring my mum to 白云观 (Baiyun Guan) which is a Taoist Temple of long history and great importance in Taoism.

Anyway, my mum wanted to see Peonies, so I booked my parents on a trip by CTC to Shandong and Henan for a trip to see peonies, cherry blossoms and other flowers. And I figured that it would be economical to join them after their trip in Beijing since their flight would transit in Beijing. The idea only popped after I was informed by CTC that they were opening up another flight for the trip which was already full. The original flight goes straight to Shandong.

Anyways, I managed to get everything in order after much struggle, but thankfully quite a few people helped out to make everything go smoothly. I could finally bring my mother to 白云观!! Such excitement!

My flight departs in the morning, so I got myself to the airport in time to check myself into the lounge and grab some breakfast there. Really nothing much to eat in there though, but it's free....... and I spent some time on the massage chair.. hehehehe.

The flight was packed with movies. I believe I had more choices to watch on this Air China flight then I had on KrisWorld. Such a disappointment KrisWorld can be.


Reached Beijing in the afternoon and made my way to the hotel that I had booked. I took the express subway from the airport which costs RMB 25. And then when I got into the city, all rides regardless of distance were RMB 2.  Very cheap and economical way of getting around Beijing. When I first visited Beijing, they had 2 lines. Now, 10 years later, it's around 15! Fares used to cost RMB 3, now it costs RMB 2!! Taxis no longer factor into my plans!



I really recommend using the subway to get around in Beijing. It's quite convenient.

Anyways, 27 RMB and some walking later, I arrived at Hyde Hotel which is located rather near to Tiananmen Square. It's location is really pretty good. I booked a room for 3 people and the price was around SGD 100 per night which I felt was a good price for the location.








 

As you can see from the photos, there is a double bed and there there is a tea sofa kinda thing that is the third bed... but I don't see myself sleeping on that without bedsheets so I shall sleep on the double bed for the night, since my parents will only be arriving tomorrow!


Tonight I shall feast on Mac's :D Time to be lazy and rot in the room!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?