<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 22, 2013

Japan July 2013 - Day 14 (Tokyo) 

Last day being in Japan. Tonight we will be moving to the airport (sans taxi this time) to catch our flight back home. Checked with the hostel staff on my missing dental splint and they assured me that they did not throw away anything, at which point I pointed out that an empty bottle was also missing... which means there were items that were not transferred over to the new room. The staff would check with the cleaning staff and we went off for breakfast. Had mac's for breakfast again (the McGriddles are nice!) and bought a McGriddle for my mum. Planned to put it in the fridge till we pick it up to go to the airport. We were putting our luggage in storage back at the hostel since our flight was only at night.

After breakfast, we went back to the hostel to finish up with our packing. Also checked with the staff on my dental splint and no good news. Went through 2 bags of bedsheets though, now that is an experience that you do not get everyday! Still can't find my splint, another staff said that she would look through the garbage. After that, we went over to the Tokyo Station and spent pretty much the rest of the day walking around there. The JR Tokyo station has recently been renovated and put on one of the best light shows I've ever seen!
Spent some time slacking and my friend bought some omiyage for the folks back home. We went back to the hostel at around 1900 to pick up our luggage and again there wasn't any good news. Getting kinda sianz about it already.Although it was my mistake in forgetting that we were to change rooms, misplacing other people's property is a huge deal (and that is why in hospitals we have people witnessing when we have to keep patient's property away). The hostel promised to keep looking, but I shan't expect any good news...

We went off to Haneda via the Keikyu line (and I almost thought that I got into the wrong subway station!) had a fairly nice dinner at Port-Side Kitchen and basically hung around till boarding time. Bye Japan. まだ十月。

P.S. When I landed in SG, I realised that I still had the hostel room key with me. lol. Mailed it back to them.

2 Adorations
Comments:
Wow really love reading your post about Your Japan trip especially Sapporo with yr mum and exploring Tokyo.can u recommend the name of the hostel u dtayed in Tokyo and where u stayed in Saporo Co's most places near the jR station are quite ex.
 
Hey, sorry I didn't notice your comment here.

In Sapporo, I stayed at Toyoko Inn. They have rooms starting at around SGD 80 to 100 (Depending on location of the hotel) and it's very well equipped.

In Tokyo, I stayed at K's House. It's a hostel but clean and definitely cheaper than hotels.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?