<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Penang Day 1 

Ah. After Europe, Penang has sneakily snuck up on me! 

Hadn't really been excited about it. Come on, it's Penang!! Malaysia leh, how to be excited? I don't mean lousy, but it's so near lol.

I didn't even get my bags packed till like 2 hours 15 mins before the flight :D.


For this trip, I am flying with my friend into Penang via Silkair and then coming home on Air Asia. This is the most cost efficient arrangement given my friend's timings. She is working on Saturday so we cannot fly in the morning. Silkair has the best timing for her. Staying in Tune Hotels for 2 nights. It costs us less than $30 per person for 2 nights stay in Tune Hotels. And it's location is not bad too.

Penang International Airport is currently undergoing major renovations / expansion. It's like this huge construction site. We took the Rapid Penang bus 401 to KOMTAR and walked to the hotel. The room is pretty cosy but it has nice big beds and ensuite shower plus toilet so it's all good! The fan is really powerful so aircon is unneccesary. We did not purchase any add ons.

After we settled down in the hotel, my friend started sussing out the eating places. She picked Ho Ping Cafe along Jalan Penang and Red Garden along Lebuh Leith. We got to Ho Ping Cafe and ate some Ngoh Hiang and Pork bee hoon. The pork bee hoon has minced pork, stomach, kidney, liver and  my friend thinks there is pig's brain in there. I ate some of the suspected brains without knowing what it was and it was really delicious. But somehow, after suspecting that it was brain I just didn't feel like it anymore. It is really delicious though.

After that we went over to Red Garden, which is a night market and sort of hawker centre place. We didn't eat anything there but that place was really hopping. There was a getai there with singers hopping around. Pretty much a beer garden ala newton circus type of place. It even has Trip Advisor's certs all over the place. One thing about Penang that I have noticed so far is that places here like to display Trip Advisor recommendation stickers.

On the way back to the hotel, we stopped by a pastry shop near the hotel called Ming Xiang Tai. Had black soya bean drink there and tried a chicken floss pastry. The pastry was sweet so I didn't realy like it. The soya bean drink was nice though.

Well, back to the hotel, wash up and on to tomorrow!!!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?