<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Beijing. Day 2 (Day 3 by itinerary)

Today's locations include........ The Bird's Nest stadium and the Temple of Heaven.

The stadium gets converted to a skating rink in winter and I must say that it is kinda cool to see the way the supporting pillars intersect with each other. Just a tad disappointed to not see where they had the Olympic fire. Our tour guide even had us taking fake cheering photos in the audience seats. Cheap thrill but what the heck :P

In the afternoon, we went to the Temple of Heaven. I know my mum really wants to come to this place so it was an exciting location. The famed building where not a single nail was used.


Unfortunately, due to the time restrictions I could not bring my mother to the spot where the Emperor used to stand while he prayed to the heavens. I went there before but I was also hoping to bring my mum there. I guess that's one of the disadvantages of following groups. We had some free time but we were told not to exit any doors in case we left the park.. so we didn't dare be adventurous... plus I doubt that we could have made it there and back in the time given.

Still, I like the older locations like this so.. not bad! Maybe next time.

After dinner we watched another show. Legend of Kungfu. It was in English so I was stunned when they started speaking in English.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?