<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Beijing. D Day.

So today is the day that we leave Singapore for Beijing! I'm so excited to be able to bring my parents to Beijing. My main objective for booking us onto a group tour is so that it will be convenient for my parents. They won't have to walk too much (my mum's legs aren't too good sometimes) and hopefully with the guided tour, we can better appreciate the places we go to.

I've been to Beijing before but I'm excited to see what we'll experience with Chan Brothers.

Our flight departs in the evening from terminal 1. It's interesting to note that the passengers taking Jetstar queue up to board very early. I have no idea why since we all have seat numbers on our boarding passes. There were announcements made to ask the people to sit down and wait for boarding which will start with families with elderly and children and then go by seat numbers (which is the usual) but still the queue did not shorten. These people were adamant! The queue only shortened when there was an announcement made that the flight would be delayed, and only shortened by about 15% at that.

It's really interesting to take a budget flight. Almost everything except your seat belt and the toilet comes extra. In fact, since our airfare includes the meal... I felt like a premium passenger. You could rent their Video on Demand system or you could buy ear pieces to listen in to the 'latest' movie shown on the big screen. Said latest movie was Remington Steele. With Pierce Brosnan looking like he was 28. No kidding. I brought my own entertainment though so I didn't shell out on either options. Only thing was I forgot to bring a book as well.

6 hours to Beijing. :D Flight lands past midnight local time.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?