<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Beijing. D - 0.

So, I was determined to go overseas in December. Determined I tell you. Why? I have almost the whole of December off from work and I figured that I should not spend it all at home. Can't waste the entire month right?

In case anyone wonders why I got such a good deal, having such long leave during this period... let me explain.

This is NOT a good deal. I did not intend to clear so much leave in December. I originally wanted to clear some leave in June but it was not to be. As such, I was forced (Forced I tell you! It was definitely not my choice to be on leave for so long during the end of year school holidays!) to schedule all my leave in December. I mean, if you can't let me clear in June when I just ended my studies (best time cos I don't have work commitment) ... then I have to clear when I am next available.

Going overseas at this time is both cold and expensive. Not really my first choice but at least I get to go leave!!

So anyway I was initially looking at going overseas with my parents to Hong Kong, free and easy. Then, my father didn't seem too keen on going to Hong Kong, so I decided to try looking for a group tour package to Beijing. My father was interested in going to Beijing, so I decided to pick a package with Chan Brothers because they had a half day free for our own activities. My original intention for Beijing was to go there on our own and get a local guide... but I figured that perhaps we could try going with Chan Brothers.

Paid around 3.3k for 3 pax 8 day Beijing - Chengde - Tianjin, fly via Jetstar. Originally wanted to depart on 12th Dec via Air China since I had a performance on the 11th, but during booking I forgot about the performance and booked for the 8th instead. Oh well. The person who was handling the booking had no clue that they had a flight depart SG on the 12th. I had to tell him they had that flight. Haiz.

Anyway, immediately after booking the package on that day, we went to Winter Time to buy some winter clothing. Spent almost $600 there that day. My pockets are wailing!!

Since then, my parents (especially my mum) has been shopping around for winter stuff. I went to Chinatown twice with my mum just for long johns. My mum has also been quite unhappy that I was not preparing stuff for the trip early enough. I never pack earlier than the day before, but my mum was going on about how her friend's daughters are already packed for a HK trip days before departure.

They kiasu lah.... I tell you the day before and the day itself they still have to be packing. You still have the toiletries and all those stuff you still have to use before departure leh..? Anyway, my mum's definition of last minute packing seems to be the day before departure. I say she ain't seen last minute packing unless the packing is done 2 hrs before being required to be at the airport.

So anyways, most of the packing is done today. Most of our clothing goes into one big luggage and then I'm gonna bring my backpack along for extra space if required. My chargers and stuff will go into the backpack too. I hate packing but when I wanna pack, no one can beat a Teochew at stuffing things I tell you.

Some of the cute stuff my mum wants to bring includes the packaging box for each of the three thermos flasks that we are bringing. Argue not, just stuff it in.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?