<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Leave, Leave, I wanna go on Leave.

Even my mum has gotten to the stage where she asks "Why are you always having problems with your leave?"

Actually to be fair, I think I actually have it pretty good as it is. I can almost freely determine when I want to take leave, but subject to modifications and approval of course. Just that quite a few times, I've had to adjust my leave for some work or another but I'm sure everyone out there has met such stuff before.

Anyway I had so looked forward to taking some leave at the end of my Advanced Diploma course to 'reward' myself. Slack around etc. Original plan was to go to Beijing with my friend but then my friend cannot take leave because it is the June holidays after all and parents with children would like to take leave to bring their children overseas and we surely cannot block them since we are single and can go any time of the year.

Anyways I've had a bit of an issue with my workplace ion the issue of leave. I asked if I could take leave for 2 to 3 weeks after 10th of June and I was told to deconflict with Colleague A. I asked why I needed to deconflict with him, and that was when I was told I was taking over him. Aww... how sweet to inform me of this at the juncture when I want to take leave.

So I checked with A and ... A has already booked his leave for late June. That means I can only go on two weeks of leave. Wow. Very efficient deconflicting here. Not much choices anyway. That's fine though, but then I was also expected to go back to work to take over A's branch in the two weeks of leave that I was gonna take. I'm so appreciative of the fact that they felt that I might be too bored during my leave and thus need some other activities planned for me. You know, because I so wasn't planning to go overseas.

Subsequently, I made a bit of noise, yadda yadda and got told that yes I can go for my three weeks leave. I then happily sussed out some trips and was planning to go on a trip with my parents... but I didn't want to book anything till my leave application was confirmed as approved. I didn't want to be the type who say "but I booked already".

And so, goondu me waited to confirm and now the latest is that I am allowed to go on the leave IF I attend a briefing before I go on leave. One of my colleagues has also super efficiently scheduled a briefing for this Thursday. Unfortunately, I am still on attachment for my Advanced diploma but it seems that no one quite noticed that. I guess they think that I can just waltz out of the attachment, and go wherever.

I think I should just forget about the leave and instead, go back to piss some people off.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?