<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 29, 2010

Student and Lecturer... Different You Know.

So the other day, on my way to school, I was mildly engrossed in some thoughts and walked slower than usual. As such I ended up in class 3 mins past the hour.

First off, my course coordinator asked me why I was late. I was surprised by the way she asked it so my answer was "Sometimes 0900, sometimes 0910. I haven't decided yet."

"No, it's 0900." she said.

Now some background information on the timing. Our classes are supposed to start on the hour. However for the Diploma studentsm their classes start 10 mins past the hour so they essentially have a 10 mins break after every lesson.

What does this mean? All other lecturers, apart from our course coordinators, start the lesson at 10 mins past the hour. So a lesson scheduled for 0900, will start at 0910 instead.

I am not saying that I was right to be late for 3 mins, especially since it was mentioned that even being late for 1 min is considered being late. That's fair. However, so can we now conclude that all those other lecturers have been at least 10 mins late? Some come at 15 mins past the hour, so 15 mins late? What about the lessons that get suddenly cancelled? Student's time not worth anything I guess.

Student handphone must be switched off, lecturer phone very important no need to switch off. his is another person though, not mu coordinator. My coordinator is usually very nice and friendly.

Anyway, what to do? I was late mah.

The next lesson with that coordinator, I was definitely on time. In fact, I was early since I was already in school. What time did she arrive? 6 mins past the hour.

'nuff said.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?