<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Moving on.

Stagnation is easy. You just stay where you are, do what you do. Years down the road when you look back at why you never got anywhere worth going, you can just tell yourself "Oh because I was busy with *insert any random reason*"

"I couldn't afford it"

"I simply didn't have time"

"*Random incident/task* was more important"

Change is hard but change is important. Heck, let's make an extreme example. If I wanted to change my single status, I'd probably have to get out of the house more in the first place. I'm too lazy though.

However today we are not discussing this topic :D After years of thinking, second guessing and telling myself otherwise, I have finally applied for a place in UniSIM's B.A in Translation and Interpretation. Dropped the supporting documents off in the mail today (well technically yesterday, Friday). I have no clue whether I will be accepted but at least I have finally made a decision and acted on it.

I remember back in November I was telling myself that I had decided to embark on this course in July 2010 and nothing, absolutely nothing, could change my mind. Then someone offered me an opportunity to pursue an Adv Dip. I then decided to postpone my degree plans for the Adv Dip.

There's been some hiccups with the Adv Dip application though. So to make a long story short, I will have to wait for the Oct intake to see if they open up a course. If they do, I will have to wait and see if they accept me. If I waited till then and they did not offer me a place, I can only apply for the Jan 2011 intake for the degree course. 6 months wasted for almost nothing. If I do get into the Adv Dip, I will have to go for the July 2011 intake for the degree. 1 year postponement. I'm not getting any younger, unless any of you would like to tell me where the fountain of youth is.

So anyway, I have now decided that I will apply for the July 2010 intake. If I get in, I will probably be able to clear 3 modules in the 1st Sem. If I get accepted to the Adv Dip, I can choose whether to take a break for the degree till July 2011, or continue with just 2 modules. Might be doable.

So now, what's left is to wait for the offer in May. I hope I get in and I can survive lol.

Also hope everything else turns out fine for me. Been having lotsa thoughts in my mind. Most of it inane, but affective.

In other news. I've already cleared IPPT on the 1st of April :D I've never taken IPPT so early in the WY before!!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?