<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Robert Ludlum: The Prometheus Deception

Just finished reading this book, finally. I used to read voraciously when I was in school. Nowadays with the distractions of technology, I'd be lucky to start reading a book even. In the past year though, I've tried to read more books.

One of my current preferred series of books are written by Robert Ludlum. He writes spy thrillers and is the author of The Bourne Identity. Incidentally, I have not read all of his Bourne
books yet.

I think Robert Ludlum uses italics a little too liberally but his books are a pretty good read. Thus far I think I have read about 6-7 of his books. I still have about 15 more to go!

The Prometheus Deception is a pretty convoluted story. It writes about deception within deception and it can get so confusing you start forgetting who the 'good' guys and the 'bad' guys are. It is about a covert agent who gets retired and then one day he is told that the covert agency whom he has been working for was actually set up by an enemy nation. It's also the longest Robert Ludlum book I've read thus far.

The following is an excerpt of the text on the back of the book:

For years Nick Bryson was the top field in the Directorate, an ultra secret US intelligence agency, until a disastrous operation forced him to retire under a new identity. But now the CIA tell him that the Directorate was not what it seemed - and that, with the Cold War over, it seems to be preparing for a world-threatening new coup...

Rating (Max 10): PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

2 Adorations
Comments:
Distractions of technology? No time to read?

Try listening to a book instead? Audible.com has a wide variety of audiobooks. With audiobooks, I get to 'read' it while commuting to work via public transport.

I'm now listening to 'Outliers' by Malcolm Gladwell - on the story of success. Nice read.

I have also listened to Dan Brown's audibooks 'Deception Pt' and 'Digital Fortress'.

beaver21
 
I think I still prefer having a book in hand. I guess I'm a visual person lol.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?