<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 27, 2009

First Choir Practice

I've never been in a choir before, especially since you have to go through those nasty little things called auditions.

I went to audition last friday, it was a most nerve wracking experience. I think my brains weren't processing the notes right because the pianist would hit a key, I would try to sing it and she would hit a lower one. The room was cold and I was nervous so the effect was hugely amplified.

On Wednesday, I received an email informing us of the first practice date, time and venue so I guess I made it lol. The email also said that we would know our parts when we signed our attendance. I figured I'd probably be Alto (judging by the range the pianist was playing that day) and true enough, I'm in Alto.

First practice today, Alto is tricky because you have to make sure you're not following the Sopranos! The first song that I am learning is 春に. They had the old members sing it once for us and it was a really lovely song. I might consider buying a recorder to record the practices since it is hard to remember the melody after hearing it only a couple times. Especially since there are the Soprano, Alto and Tenor/Bass parts.

It all becomes a blur after a while. Choral music is hard....

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?