<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, February 28, 2009

With Friends Like This.... No One Needs an Enemy.

I'm fully prepared for you to not get the point, my dear reader. I think that I have issues getting my point across anyway.

Now today has been a major exciting day. I was supposed to meet my friends at Plaza Singapura for dinner as a birthday celebration for a friend. I wanted to go to Kinokuniya to pick up some JLPT past year papers and drop by Borders as well.

So off I trooped. While at the MRT station, I was attempting to enter the faregate when I saw an impatient hand wanting to scan his card as well, unfortunately I reached the gate first. I believe that was what started making the person upset with me. After a while, said person caught up with me and stood infront of me on the escalator.

At this point in time I would like to point out that said person (he's a plump caucasian with a short blond mohawk) was standing on the right side of the escalator. I heard the train coming and seeing that the left side of the escalator next to him was clear and there was space for me to move around him. So I decided not to ask him to make way for me, but to move around him instead.

Unfortunately, this person must have been allergic to touch, because as I moved, I accidentally touched him. I'm not sure if he was upset by the touch or the fact that I got in front of him, but I heard a distinct "You stupid bitch" from him.

I decided to ignore him, but then he got more brazen and said "Twat".

Ain't nobody going to get away with calling me that kind of names, so I turned to him and said loudly "Excuse me."

He feigned ignorance.

I kept up. "Do you now that if you were not moving on the escalator, you're supposed to be on the left side of the escalator?"

More ignorance.

"I don't know who's the silly one."

He moved on into the cabin and I followed him right in. That's just because it was convenient, wasn't gonna pick a longer fight with him.

So now I'm on the train and I was bored so I decided to SMS a couple of friend, and delete msgs off my phone. One of my friends actually replied to the sms I sent very much later.

Friend: Doesn't that guy know that you can overtake on the escaltor or he doesn't have escalators in his country?

I: I think he's upset cos I got in front of him twice. Unfortunately, unlike him, I speak more then one language.

*Here I was referring to the fact that I speak English, Mandarin and Teochew. I was suspecting that the SAM (Stupid Ang Moh) thought that I couldn't understand what he was muttering behind me and decided to 'enjoy himself' further*

Friend: So you scolded him in Japanese.

*I was wondering why I would do that. You only do such stuff if you wanted to show off, cos there is ZERO reason to do it. Also, why would you want to scold someone in a language no one can understand.. unclusive of the person you are scolding?*

I:No, why would I want to scold him in a language no one else understands? Duh.

Friend: So English would have sufficed.

I never replied to her for that one.

Seriously, with friends like these, I don't need enemies. She really didn't get my point. I guess you don't as well but then I'm not SMSing you right now.

Sigh.

That's not all to the exciting day. I tried to get to get from Wisma to Borders, but that escalator leading out of Wisma led me into a human jam because it was raining hard so I had to take the escalator back down, and take the underground passage to Lucky Plaza and then to Tangs before going into the underground passgaes all the way to Wheelock Place. On my way back, I was going into the tunnel leading into the MRT station from Tangs when I started to feel this heat wave.

Then I saw it.

This huge human jam. The tunnel was just clogged with humans and it was as warm as a sauna. It was incredible. The jam was due to the renovation works in that tunnel. This Orchard Turn thinggy is causing jams all over the place. At Wisma, at Tangs, OMG.

I tried to join the crowd but decided it would take me too long to get through and it was crazily hot. I excited the tunnel and ended up just behind the busstop outside Tangs. Luckily I managed to get on a bus to PS very quickly.


For the dinner, we arranged for a cake surprise for our friend, the waiter actually came to us and asked "Would you like your ice cream cake now?"

My friend who verbally spoke with that exact waiter to tell him what to do with the cake surprise gave the I'm so gonna kill you look. Another friend said "想要扁人啊?"

I said "何止扁,想放火烧。。。"

The waiter realised his mistake and apologised. Shortly after, the cake came up and as he lit the candle I said "放火咯!"

There were four of us in total and the one who was having a birthday actually did not hear the slip the waiter made so she didn't know about the cake till it landed on the table.

We went to a Karaoke later, I thought we'd get kicked out by 2200hrs, but we didn't. Unfortunately we couldn't stay because on of my friends acquired a bad stomachache. I knew she'd want to take a taxi home, so we had to search for a taxi stand in Orchard during a freaking heavy rain.

We were very close to the MRT station but my friend would rather take the taxi. We ended up in Ngee Ann City with this humongous queue. We waited for over an hour to get a cab, I believe. Walk longer in the rain, wait longer and pay more to get home later....

Sian.

Lousy day........

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?