<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Mani Pedi. Plan Fail.

So my friend had booked an appointment at this new mani pedi place. We turned up for the appointment and the first thing I noticed was that the basin for soaking feet didn't look exactly clean. It still had residue from the previous soaking in it. Although it was only the soaking salts (I hope so!), it proves that no rinsing was done to even minimally clean the basin.

Well, maybe they are too busy.

Turns out that there was only one person working the joint. She had to scoot out to the washroom before starting on us. My friend commented that since there was only one person there, she was daring to accept 2 bookings at once. I replied that it's to earn as much money as possible. I figured that with careful planning, they probably could pull off having only one person work on 2 customers at once.

You know, stuff like start soaking customer A's feet, then while it is soaking, start soaking customer's feet. That sort of thing.

As she started on my friend's feet, another customer walked in. I think she was in for a touch up as the nail tech got the colour album from me and passed it to the walk in. She worked on getting the colours off my friend's toenails till the walk in chose her colours. She then worked on the walk in and I was extremely bored, regretting that I had not brought my DS along.

I thought that she would do the work in stages or stuff like that but she didn't even let my feet soak while she worked on my friend's feet. She didn't even let my friend's feet soak before starting to work on hers so I figure this was some bad planning.

So I waited as she seemed to plan to complete my friend's pedicure at one shot. I started thinking about how long this was going to take since we were going to do both manicure and pedicure. This could take like 3 hours man.

40 mins on, I had to go to the toilet. I was bored and pissed, literally. After I got back, I told my friend that I didn't want to do the mani pedi anymore. It's one and a half days to New Year and I don't have the sort of luxury to squat around being bored while I have other stuff to do. As well, I like the experience of doing a mani pedi... and not a rush job that this one is looking to be. Feels more like an express mani pedi, rather than a classic mani pedi.

She needs to get her workflow sorted out. To people like me, it's not about getting colours on the nails.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?