<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 12, 2009

Language Class Age Groups

I blogged about this somewhat previously. So far, my assumptions are looking correct.

When I first took the Beginner Korean language class at Lingo (I don't actually recommend it unless you just want to learn language casually) my friend mentioned how the class was rather mature. Actually she said "So many aunties?"

I told her it was correct, since most people would be learning Korean because of Korean Drama and specifically Bae Yong Jun, so this would usually be the '30+ group'. She didn't really believe my statement till the teacher asked us why we wanted to learn Korean.

Out of the 6 people that she felt belonged in the auntie group, all 6 were learning because of Korean drama. If only I can tell the 6 numbers in the next Toto draw.

I also later mentioned to another friend, who was on the quest to find a girlfriend, that he could try attending language classes to get to know girls. Top language of choice if you like a mature girl would be Korean. If you like girls who are 18-24, take Japanese.

At my second lesson in Bunka, one of the 2 guys in my class went around asking our ages. Well, I'm pretty sure I'm about the oldest in the class (I was about the youngest in the Korean class!) and we had like at least three 18 year olds, three to four 22-24 year olds and the guy who asked was 26 himself.

I really need to be able to forecast the Toto numbers!!! What good can come out of guessing age groups of language classes correctly..... Anyway, soon I shall see if my theory continues to hold true. Starting classes at JCS too!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?