<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, December 26, 2008

Japanese gifts for Chinese New Year.

Yesterday, I came across a promotional pamphlet Fraser's Centrepoint Malls. As part of their Chinese New Year promotional efforts, they were giving out Furoshiki (Japanese wrapping cloths). I wonder how many people had a thought flash past their mind like I did, that it is so ironic.

Why? 15th February 1942. The date ring a bell? That was the 1st day of Chinese New year in 1942. That was also the day the British surrendered Singapore to the Japanese.

I'm not saying we must all hate them and boycott them. I just thought it an interesting combination. Furoshiki for Chinese New Year lol.

I like Japanese stuff pretty much like the average joe on the street. The one thing I don't like is their military. Oh yeah they do have a military force in case you hadn't noticed.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?