<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 29, 2008

Borders Bonanza

Borders is having a promotion where you get 30% off if you buy 3 books and 40% off if you buy 4 books or more. This applies to all full priced books and you get another 10% off the nett purchase price (which I guess means the price after discount) if you are a Preferred Member.

I always wonder about the term. If there is a preferred member, is there a non preferred member? Anyway the effective discount for this current promotion, if you are a Preferred Member, will be about 46%.

WOW.

Time to fill up the booklists!

I went down today and this is my haul:

Robert Ludlum: The Lazarus Vendetta
Michael Crichton: Disclosure
Michael Crichton: The Terminal Man
Michael Crichton: Prey
Michael Crichton: State of Fear
Michael Crichton: Case of Need
Teach Yourself : Korean (coursebook only)
Teach Yourself : Portuguese (with 2 audio CDs and 1 coursebook)
Langenscheidt Korean - English Dictionary

My total expenditure on books at Borders today stands at $132.81. The total without discount would have been $245.95. I'm so humongously pleased with my haul, even though it meant I spent a buttload of money today.

I might go down to Borders again to pick up a couple more Robert Ludlum books.

I pretty much have all Michael Crichton books, if not duplicates of a few that I have forgotten that I have. Once his next book is published next May, that'll be the last of his books. Wonder what book that is.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?