<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ding Dong and alot Going On!

Well not a lot going on really but seeing as it's stuff from the past 2 weeks.....

First, SIA update! Some guy who apparently can make a decision called me up and talked to me. Yadda yadda. Anyway to make a long story short, explained stuff, apologised, and gave me mileage for the return trip made to Japan. A approximate estimation of value on the mileage given (based on a redemption for a Hong Kong airfare) would be about say.... SGD150.

Oh my friend got mileage too. They credited it to her Miles & More account though it was only 5000 miles (I got over 6000). They initially mentioned that they might not be able to credit her Miles & More account if Lufthansa did not agree to it, but in the end did manage to pull it off.

Starting Japanese language lessons next year too. All along I had benn pretty decided on taking lessons at JCS, but these couple of days, I wonder if I should try Bunka. Since enrolling at JCS is an extremely challenging task with opportunities being presented once a year (twice if you want to take the Intensive Elementary module), I decided that I will go ahead and enrol at JCS but also take up a course at Bunka.

According to what I hear, some people do this as well. Take classes at both JCS and Bunka. JCS is supposed to be very good for sticking to JLPT syllabus, whereas Bunka is supposed to have this funky approach to teach Japanese, where they will go right into grammar or something. Bunka claims to be able to teach people Japanese in a shorter time frame.

Since I have no experience in either places, I guess I will give them both a try!

Oh, I was supposed to take Japanese lessons with this friend of mine. Turns out that her degree schedule does not allow her t take the intensive course, so she will have to take the regular course and pick weekend classes. I really don't like to choose weekend classes, so I think we'll be taking classes separately. This is the friend who wanted to learn Korean and Japanese at the same time and Spanish too if possible. With her degree schedule.... not possible till second half of the year.

I'm going to skip JLPT 4 and try for JLPT 3 by the end of 2009. The JLPT test system is going to undergo a review and they are adding a new level between the current JLPT 3 and JLPT 2 by Dec 2010. I hear the new level 1 exam is also going to be a bit tougher then the curent one. I guess this is to address the current gap between JLPT 3 and JLPT 2..... I wonder if I can skip further levels lol. First target: Skip JLPT 4!

Went to a friend's wedding tonight as well. Met up with some orchestra friends that I met back in poly. Oh wow, it's been many years now. Hopefully we get a gathering going so that we an all meet up and have a bash, just like the old days (with a bit more white hair, fats and stuff lol).

Wondering if I should pick up driving too? With Japanese taking 7 hours a week...... hmm.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?