<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Asakusa and Akihabara again!

My friend has a client who has a shop in Asakusa, therefore, our first stop for the day was at this client's shop. Unfortunately (actually it was fortunate because my friend didn't actually want to meet with the client in case the client started offering her too many stuff) the client was not in, so we went on our way through the rest of Asakusa. It's mostly souvenir shops centered about Sensoji temple but there's also a building for people to place horse racing bets. There are food eateries along the street near the building and most have a screen showing the lastest race results. There seems to also be a red light district somewhere in the area.

Following the recommendations of the hostel we are staying at, we went to look for this place which sells bentos at 250 JPY. I got one with fish and pork, but I didn't really like the pork enough to finish it. The fish was good. The pork was not bad, I just didn't like the taste totally. After buying the bento, we went back to the hostel to have our lunch.

After finishing lunch, we took a walk down to a street that was listed as 'wholesale street'. Since it was about 1600 hrs on a Sunday, the likelihood that the street was open for business was miniscule. Indeed, when we got there, the street was deserted. we then continued on our way to Akihabara which was nearby.

My friend initially wanted to get a PSP, but I managed to dissuade her. In the end she ended up buying Sim City DS 2... and is now using my DS to play Sim City.... darn, I regret dissuading her man..... Now I can't play with my DS.... /cry.

My friend looked high and low for Sim City DS 2, she was getting all ready to condemn Akihabara and in fact declared that if she could not find the game she would never come back to Akihabara ever again. After she finally found the game, we went to a German cafe to have a nice cup of tea for myself and a cup of coffee for her. We both had chocolate cake. She wanted to have strawberry cake but it was sold out, unfortunately.

After the cafe, we just took the metro back to our hostel. Nothing much exciting today either. We're going to Hakone tomorrow!

2 Adorations
Comments:
I'm sure you are having fun in Japan. Any chance of posting photos of the trip?

How much is the PSP 3000 in JPY?


Beaver21
 
The PSP is 19800 JPY.

Will have to see which photos survive lol.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?