<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And My Reply.

So I was thinking about how to write the email to SIA in a manner that would be easy to understand. I fell asleep last night thinking about it.

This morning, I woke up and wrote the email so that I could send it in to them before they start their work day.

And this, is what I wrote.

Hi Ms Person who got stuck with this job,
I am glad that finally this issue is getting looked at. It was definitely getting very anxious for me because I am due to fly off this saturday. I will have to say that in no small part, I have been wondering if there was a purposeful delay in this matter so that I will have flown off before the matter was looked at. With the departure date only 4 days away it will be difficult for me to switch airlines since nobody answers phone calls and emails in order for me to make any kind of arrangements.

While I am glad that some headway has been made in this issue, there are still a few areas that I need clarification on. From the second time I spoke to to Krisflyer on the 5th of September, it was no longer a matter of whether I should get the miles.

Key Point 1: Why does SIA take months to rectify a fault on the website that should not exist?
This problem first arose because I was unable to use the online booking system to book an itinerary. As such, I was not able to benefit from the AMEX Krisflyer Online purchase promotion automatically. Taking into consideration that everything breaks down at some point in time, should SIA not seek to ensure that their website works with as little problems as possible? Should SIA not rectify a problem after it was highlighted via phone and email routes?

Please note that I was also unable to send feedback via the online portal and had to call the reservations desk and be put on hold for 32 minutes because that was the only number that I could find online.

Key Point 2: Getting the round about from Krisflyer
When I first called Krisflyer, I was told to call AMEX. That is fine, except tht AMEX was not the agency toc all, or so I have been led to believe. The second time I called Krisflyer, it was simply pointless. The whole conversation revolved around the following concepts:

1) I cannot help you
2) If we think of something, we will call you
3) Unable to explain why a product was misrepresented.

For point 2, I find it rather appalling. It seems evident that the person on the line was not able to handle the call and simply wanted to get me off the phone. Does it mean that if SIA was not able to think of anything, the case will be dropped? Well then if I were her, I would not bother to think of any solution at all since thinking of a solution would require me to contnue follow up action on the issue, whereas not thinking of a solution saves some brain juices and makes the case disappear.

When asked straight to the point if the case would be considered as dropped, the answer was "YES". I don't see how this is service recovery.

Key Point 3: Service Standards of SIA with regards to Customer Feedback
I wonder what are the performance indicators, if any, that SIA has with regards to Customer Feedback. I did not notice SIA on the list of SQC companies, so I am guessing that means SIA is not accountable under SQC. What other service quality framework does SIA operate under? Is there a target and limit for service standards with regards to customer feedback?

I first sent the email on the 14th of September, got a reply asking for my particulars on 16th September and from thereon, there was nary a peep from SIA. Is this within acceptable service standards in SIA?

When I finally decided that I had to call people up, I had to call up the reservations desk to get a number to call Customer Affairs Department. Why is this number so difficult to find online?

When I finally got the number, the phone call would never get through and I would have to leave messages. It was not till the end of the day that I could get someone to call me back and I was interrupted several times. Does SIA not employ enough people for the Customer Affairs Department? Does SIA simply not care about Customer Feedback?

These are the 3 key points that I have time to type at this time. If I have phrased myself correctly, I believe the message would have been "Whether or not I received the double points should never have been a point of contention if the website were working properly in the first place". Further, if along the way there were not so many examples that made a customer feel slighted, I wouldn't bother about typing long emails and getting all hyped up about it.

Regards
Silverelf

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?