<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Walking, walking, walking.

We kinda overslept. Woke up at about 1000hrs. That's not too good. We wanted to give the day an early start and go to Chatuchak early. Washed up and moved off to Chatuchak. The Skytrain is connected to our hotel by a short bridge so it is extremely convenient. Asia Hotel's a pretty good place to stay in. We had a room on the 5th floor, which is the level where the pool is and is a smoking floor (bleah). Nothing much to see though, just to answer your question. Anyway most of the time the windows are closed, which is quite a waste since we paid a $30 premium for a room with a view. Our room is next to the jacuzzi too.

We got to Chatuchak and started to explore the place. It seriously is an amazing place. I guess one cannot say that they have been to Bangkok unless they have been to Chatuchak. It's huge and probably sells everything you could ever want. I'm not normally someone to squeeze with the shopping crowds, but as I mentioned, I think you have to go to Chatuchak at least once if you are in Bangkok. Also I was looking for wholesale clothing for my mum. I'm no shopper but... mum says.

Probably didn't scour Chatuchak that well, but I didn't really find what I wanted. It's probably more geared for tourists anyway so I am not sure just how competitive the prices are to the rest of Bangkok, given that it's my first time there.

Lotsa food all around but none caught my fancy.

After burning some sole in chatuchak, we went back to the hotel for a breather and set off for MBK. More shopping etc etc etc. This is a pretty good place for all in one shopping if you don't really want to go to so many places. Tried some donuts and had Baskin Robbins. We popped into the Tops supermarket and I picked up some microwave popcorn. I know we have that in Singapore, since it's made in US anyway, but I just had to buy it.

Soon it was time to head back to the hotel as we had a cabaret to watch in the evening.

Cabaret time rolls around and all I can say is ... WOW. The lady boys are pretty. Took a lot of shots at the cabaret. I'm surprised that there are shots that can actually be considered keepers. I thought all the shots would be bad.

Give the cabaret a shot if you're in town.

After the cabaret we had dinner at the Brazil Churrascaria in the hotel. Service was pretty cool and lotsa meat to go round. Subsequently, we decided to take up a half day city tour with the travel desk at the lobby. Nearly 1000 Baht each... and we had a 'free' option which we gave up. Why I keep saying 'free'? Cos while we need not pay for the tour, we need to tip the guide and driver. 50 Baht each is cheap for us, but then it's not free anymore see?

Going to bed, gotta wake up bright and early!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?