<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 19, 2008

And Away We Go!

So, today's the day. Flying off to Bangkok via Swiss.

The flight's pretty cheap, airfare and 3 night's accommodation at Asia Hotel costs us SGD460ish. The best part is, I can clock mileage on this flight! Oh and on check in they gave me a pass to the SATS premier lounge which I didn't go into because my friend does not have a pass to go in. That was probably the only chance in my life that I would have a chance to set foot in the lounge... oh well. XD

My friend reached the airport early to lounge around. I got to the aiport about 2 hours before the flight, checked in and then we went to the departure lounge for some dinner. I decided to eat at o'Brien's and it turned out that I could get a free sandwich because I was paying with the UOB ONE card. Not bad at all, now all my friend has to do is to buy a drink.

We hung around till it got time to board the plane and trooped onto the plane to find our seats. we had gotten aisle seats but they weren't too bad. The inflight meal of curry chicken rice (only mildly spicy) was pretty good. For some reason, I always request for apple juice on flights. I know not why. For wedding dinners or similar I always get orange juice and sometimes chinese tea on top of the orange juice.

Anyway, we arrived in Bangkok and had a little adventure trying to find customs to get cleared. The arrival hall at the BKK airport has a distinct industrial feel. We managed to find the custom counters near to out baggage claim lanes but we were manually directed to other areas to clear customs. Minus points for this airport!

After clearing customs, we had to go and find the person bringing us to the hotel. It was a tad mad since there were large numbers of people carrying signs/pieces of paper with names on it and stuff like that trying to find their charges.

My friend finally spotted our guide. Phew! The guide was a little stressed I guess. Wasn't all that polite initially but of course when she was recommending the day trips and stuff she was fairly nice. We didn't manage to take up the 'free' city tour that was an option with our package as it was only offered for our second day and we wanted to go to Chatuchak market which was only open on weekends.

We did, however, opt to attend the Calypso Cabaret which was located in our hotel. Cabaret tomorrow night!

Ohh... and we ordered supper. It was nice.... ham and cheese omelette with fries..... yummy ^^.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?