<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 16, 2008

Diploma Cannot. "O' Level Cert Please.

I've run into a most amusing situation today. Supposed to be attending a course conducted at the NTUC Learning Hub, and they wish to see my 'O' Level certification for verification. For what I don't know, maybe to make sure that you have studied before and you know how to attend classes.

That's a tad challenging. I haven't seen that one for years. Anyway, my colleague manages to go home and get his 'O' Level cert (He has a freaking MBBS and he has to use 'O' Level cert LMAO) and he gets told that he could just submit his highest qualifications (or so I heard).

Well, that's fine and dandy I thought, I could just walk over and get a copy of my qualification from my HR side. So I did just that and faxed it over to the person on our side liaising with NTUC Learning Hub. My colleague got a call soon after saying that my Diploma was not acceptable for verification and that they insisted on my 'O' Level certification.

WHAT

THE

HECK.

I know a Diploma is not like a Degree but this is going a tad far ain't it? I've never been so insulted as a Poly Grad in my entire life, I tell you. Apparently the reason given was that they wish to know the scores for subjects like English, Maths and Physic etc.

I'm like, have these people never heard of something called entry requirement to a Tertiary Institution?? What wonderful 'O' level results do they expect for a 3 day course, that it will be in excess of the requirements as set by a local, MOE recognised Polytechnic??

I'm so miffed.

I'm from Poly and I'm freaking proud of it ok!!!

2 Adorations
Comments:
Hey elfy, chill man! There are plenty of people who, for some reason or other, seem to lack common sense.

For them, it's easier to follow strictly by the book than to even think a little out of the box. ARe they adverse to taking 'risk' (not even in your case), or just plain lazy. Your guess is as good as mine!

Tahan and move on. Cheerios!

Beaver21
 
hello auntie... which poly you're from that you're so damn proud of it? SP? NP? TP?

NYP! Yeah.. me too...
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?