<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Japan Dates Set!

Well, we finally decided which dates we want to be in Japan. Our current plan is from 6th September to the 22nd September. We'll take 23rd September as another day's leave so we can rest.

We've agreed that we'll be going to Osaka first. Might spend a day in Osaka. Next will be a few days in Kyoto. Ooh I can just see the photo ops!

After Kyoto, we'll be headed for Tokyo. I'll work in Hakone or something in the area. We're poised to spend at least 1, like 2 weekends in Tokyo. Weekends are critical for the Tokyo portion because.. the SE Character goods store only opens on weekends!

I went to Suntec today and happened past the Nam Ho tour booth so I filched their travel itineraries. Always good to have reference material!

And we've also decided on where to stay in Japan. In both Tokyo and Kyoto we will be staying at K's House. Looks clean and relatively cheap. Some of the rooms come with LAN too! Might need to find a place to stay a night in Osaka.

When I mentioned that we're trying to fit a budget of $2500 (My initial budget was $4000 but we're just trying to see if we can plan a budget to about $2500 for airfare, accomodation and land travel) one of my colleagues immediately declared it Mission Impossible. She said that when she went to Japan many years ago (when it was supposedly cheaper) she'd spent more than that and she stayed in a Twin room with four people, thereby cutting accomodation costs. Well, she couldn't tell me how cheap that room was so I can't really gauge if I can keep my initial budget to $2500.

Currently, for around 17 days in Japan, Airfare plus accomodation looks to reach about $2100. I used SIA fares and added a premium over K's House rates to get this amount, so I don't expect that we will break this number for airfare and accommodation.

Well, I guess what is left now is how 'cheap' we want to be. Though I'm not inclined to go all the way and take the dorm option, since the twin / single room looks really good.

1 Adorations
Comments:
cool... ur Japan trip is sure underway liao... hope u will hv a great time over there :)
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?