<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Han Gul and Crab Shack

So... my friend asked me on Monday if I wanted to go take Korean classes. I said I would at least take the basic classes and see how it goes. We decided to take a weekday class and there is only a weekday class at Tanjong Pagar. So we went down on Wednesday to confirm our registration and classes started on Thursday!

Please note that I have absolutely no idea about Korean.

First lesson was kinda alright (if you disregard the rain). The teacher was talking about a lot of stuff for an hour or so before we got into the basics. One of the first thing my friend commented on when we got into the classroom was that the entire class was female. I told her that sounds about right since there is this K craze. She then said " but that there's this whole group of aunties".

They were not all that old actually, but I told her:" Yeah, that's exactly right since the ones going mega gaga over K Drama are aunties."

My friend was doubtful but when the teacher asked us why we chose to pick up Korean, it turns out that my deduction was 100% correct. Man, I love being right.

I almost had to pinch my mouth shut when a couple of comments like "I love K Drama, like everyone else here." were made.

I'm like :"No... I don't like K Drama, K Songs, and I dislike Korean Food!!" which of course I did not say out loud. Don't think that would get me any brownie points with the teacher.

Then there's this joker, or so I think, who included the comment that she would like a Korean husband, to which the teacher said "but they never say 'I love you' and stuff like that. If you ask then if they love you they will say you're crazy!"

Anywways, incidentally it turned out that I passed by Crab Shack 3 days in a row. Had crab Shack dinner on Thursday, this time it wasn't too bad. The last time I ate at the city outlet it was kinda bad.

Time to stock up on stationery again lol.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?