<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, April 28, 2008

Auf Wiedersehen, Citibank.

As many of my friends would know. I hate Citibank. It drives my blood pressure up so badly I think I need to claim medical fees from them.

After the fiasco I suffered at their hands while I was in Australia back in March 2006, I was already quite ticked with their apparent system of non communication between the Ready Credit and Credit Card departments.

So back in December last year, I was made to effect a double payment. The cause of which I shall admit that I had a part in. I had signed up for e-statements, but that did not work for me as I ended up missing payment deadlines. So, after one particular time when I had already made payment online, I was called up to make immediate payment. Thinking that there was a technical glitch, I proceeded to process the payment and realised that it was a double payment.

I called them up and eventually, a nice CSO handled my case which I shall not go into details. She was very nice, which was why I did not ditch them at that time.

However, I was given to understand that I had no outstanding balance with Citibank as of Jan 2008.

Fast forward to March 2008. Another double payment fiasco. When I checked my statements online, I realised that I had been charged for late payments for the months of Jan and Feb! I then decided to clear all my accounts and cancel my shittybank relations.

Today, I called to do just that. So it turns out that I still have a little bit of outstanding balances with them. No problems at all, I can just pay it online. After offsetting my credit balances with my outstanding balances, I was told that I owe shittybank $0.49 and that minimum payment at the cash deposit machines would be $5.

I told them that I would be paying online and I was told that I could do just that.

So I tried to pay the $0.49 just now and guess what. I saw this lovely notification: "The amount is too small."

What.

The.

Wasn't I assured that I could pay the $0.49 online? So what's this "Amount is too small" nonsense??

So I called them up again. CSO was like waiting for me to say thank you and hang up after 2 sentences. No such luck dude. I just gave him the low down. "If you can't handle my case, please escalate and let someone else do it."

He then decided to look further into my case. Finally he decided that I did not owe $0.49, but $15. Imagine my frustration. Can someone please just give me a piece of correct information for once? What if I had duly paid the $0.49, as advised... and 50 years down the road they tried to claim a million from me in late charges and all that. The CSO then told me that he would check it out and get back to me.

So I received a phone call, I think it was the guy who initially told me I owed $0.49. NOW, guess how much I owe the darn bank? $20.26.

It just gets nicer as we go along doesn't it? Loansharks charge interest by the day, these people charge by minute or what?

This time I am yet again 'assured' that this is the final and correct amount. Let's see what answer I will get when I call them on Thursday to cancel my accounts. How much more do I owe them???

2 Adorations
Comments:
'interesting' encounter with Citibank. I'm also a Citibank customer.. so I'd better be prepared for shitty service...

Btw, now you owe me $20 for reading your blog on cancelling the shittybank's a/c. lol

Beaver21
 
And you owe me $50 for writing this our for you to read!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?