<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Tale of Two Emails

On the 11th of March, I opened my email and noticed an email titled "Eye e City 2007: Essay Contribution (Group 3.2)". I opened it up and they were asking for essay contributions for the
Eye e City 2007 Book that they will be publishing soon.

Since I was of the opinion that my photo submissions would not be selected, I felt that this was a good opportunity for my to contribute something to Eye e City 2007 and also to get some writing practice in.

The very next day, I received another email. This time, it was titled "Eye e City 2007: Finalists (Group 3)". I didn't really think about what the title meant, but the content was enough to make me give a squeal of joy!


Dear Eye Participant,
Congratulations! Your work(s) has/have been selected by Eye e City 2007.
As Singles, Essays or Challenge, your work will appear in our new publication, which will be launched in early August 2008, together with a public exhibition.
As it is logistically impractical for us to spell out to each of you which image(s) has been selected, we seek your kind understanding in this matter.
For news of our activities, do visit our website.
We hope every one of you is doing well in the Year of the Rat!
EyeCheers!
Shirley Lam
Eye e City 2007


Eye e City
Webpage: eyeecity.multiply.com Join Us!!!
Email: eyeecity@yahoo.com
Group Home Page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Eye_e_City
However, after I read the email, I started thinking about what if it was a mis-sent email? That would be so disappointing! So far, I have yet to receive another email on the matter so I guess it's all good. Now I wonder which photo was selected.

Even though there are no prizes for this event, I am glad that I have participated in it.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?