<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Leap Years

I wanted to watch this show on the 29th of February, and I kind of did. I watched the session that started at 2350, 29th February.

First off, I think this is a really simple movie, but it is very nice and sweet in it's own simple way. I have never read the book so I do not know how true to the book this movie adaptation is.

Simply, this movie is about the love story of a couple, played out over 4 leap years. The girl propositions the guy. Not THAT kind of proposition. She just asks the guy for a date, since it's an Irish tradition that a guy must agree to a girl's proposal on the 29th of February or he may be fined.

Well, the guy accepts and they have a jolly time together. The day is over and he must leave, but he promises that every 29th of February, they will meet at the same place, at the same time.

While watching this show, I do wonder how many real life couple will be able to endure what they have gone through. Especially after what happened during the third leap year. It's quite a miracle after that!

I liked this show. It's the first Singaporean movie I have watched in the theatres and I am not regretting it.

Rating (Max 10): PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?