<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, March 01, 2008

L: Change the World

Actually decided to go and watch The Leap Years with my friend, but we could only get tickets to that show at 2350hrs. My friend said that she would fall asleep if she had to wait that long with nothing to do... so I suggested watching L before The Leap Years! Anyway I wanted to watch L.

This show is a spin off from the Death Note series, and while it is helpful to have watched the Death Note movies, it is entirely not necessary to have watched them. This movie is about L. Not the Death Note.

For those who have watched the Death Notes, you would know that L had written his own name in the Death Note in order to prevent Kira from killing him with the Death Note. As such he only has a limited amount of time to live. 23 days to be exact.

In L: Change the World, L continues solving cases without Watari. As required by the script, he comes across a big case involving a virus. He races to solve the case as timers are ticking, both for himself and for the virus.

I enjoyed this show as it was amusing watching the antic of L as he goes about his activities in that peculiar way of his. I think Death Note made L a superstar, Light / Kira is just a supporting actor in that respect. There were also multiple moments where you think that this guy is just impossibly smart. Well theoretically, you would be right since everything is scripted. I still enjoy this intelligence exhibited by L.

The movie definitely has it's amusing moments. You just chuckle at the little things L does. Oh, and I did not expect a coda at the end of the movie. I was just sitting there enjoying the show. I had actually entertained the thought of leaving as the credits rolled since I was having a bad tummyache at during the last 5 mins of the movie (regrettable). Till this day, I still fail to see what was so amusing about the last line that appeared in the coda.

Do not highlight this to see the line if you do not want a spoiler.
L rests in peace

Once that line came out, some people laughed. I guess it has to do with the fact that the chinese translation was "L安详的睡着". I thought that was quite a sad moment... but.. well, different people interpret things differently.

Overall, I think this is a great movie to watch, especially for all L Lawliet fans!

Rating (Max 10): PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?