<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 04, 2008

Pseudo Spree

One of my colleagues will be moving on to another job at the end of the month, so we are planning a dinner and a gift for him. I had wanted to just buy a Borders Gift card. My friends will know this is so ME. I prefer to give such stuff so that they can buy what they want and they don't end up with what I like. Of course, this is provided that he likes to read in the first place but we can't win them all you know.

Anyway, we sent out an email witha few options, Borders Gift card, Watch, Pen set and something else I think. Guess what, the majority chose the watch. I wonder why people prefer to give some THING as in a item, rather than cash or credit (as in gift card, vouchers etc). Don't they realise that we have to go pick out a watch which the person may not like, etc etc. Need to choose type, colour and design. Sigh.

Anyway the majority had spoken, so one of my colleagues and I went to Tampines Mall to shop for a watch.

We looked at a couple of pieces and in the end we decided on a piece of Eidifice by Casio. I can't show a photo of it cos it's with my colleague and I can't find a similar pic on the net. That watch cost $327. Now as I was about to pay for the watch (and of course later extort the money from my fellow colleagues) I made a comment about how I should look for a watch for myself since mine broke and I told my colleague that my watches are usually not more expensive than $50, cos I usually just go to the shop, buy a casio. XD

Anyways I saw a trade in offer where you can get the G-Shocks and the Baby Gs at promotional price so I was like: "Hey, maybe I can trade in my watch and get the offer, mine's a casion anyway!" Then I realised that they only accept G-shocks and Baby Gs for trade, so I told my colleague: " Guess not, I don't have G shocks cos they were always out of my budget" A customer standing next to my colleague turned and gave us a look. I bet he was thinking, You just dropped three hundred and twenty seven dollars on a watch and you say G Shocks are out of your budget. Right.

Anyways, after that watch, I asked my friend if there was a Royal Sporting House around the area. I had intended to go to the Marina Square branch because a couple weeks back I had seen a pair of sandals I wanted.

Photobucket

The only size they had in stock was a little bit loose, but I bought it anyway cos I wanted it. If I went to Marina Square, I might probably have been able to get a smaller one, but it's ok cos I can still wear this pair lol.

I'm so tempted to buy a second pair. Gonna test it out during new year but so far it feels so wonderfully comfortable.

I'm glad I made a bimbo contribution today.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?