<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thus far Into The New Year

Been a busy couple of days for me. Went around one of the neighborhoods taking photos for about 3 hours on the 31st of December. Been a long time since I last walked so much! I can feel the bumminess creeping up! However, I must arrange to go out for more walkies, especially since I told my friend we need to walk more for the Japan trip we are planning in Aug/ Sep! It would be such a major bummer if we went there and we're tired after just half an hour of walking.

We would also need to save money... but that's another story.

1st of January. Grabbed my friend to go down to Bras Basah with me to submit photos. We wanted to go down to Beach Road market after that to look at some backpacks for her. So i went down to Bras Basah to submit photos and was told I had to make a record sheet listing the time, location and any notes for each shot. Queued for the one and only laptop available for our use and bumped people from using it for a good ten minutes.

I also bought the Eye the City books for the past three years. Actually, I only bought two, the third was free.

We went across the street to Rocky Master's and had some lunch there. The food wasn't too bad. It was nice and quiet too! We then walked to Beach Road Market for the backpack shopping. It was a pretty pleasant walk. The weather was cool and we walked past quite a number of places we always passed by on the bus but never on foot.

Looked around a couple of the stores and finally my friend decided that she liked this Deuter bag. We had actually walked out of the store, but my friend was seriously considering buying it. So I told her, we'll go ask if they have new ones. At least that means they still have stock. My friend did just that.... and bought the backpack right on the spot! $140 for the 85+10 liter pack. Well, the store owner was a pretty pleasant person so it was cool.

Then I was talking about photography and my friend mentioned that although she does not have a functioning camera at the moment, she could get one working if she could find a memory stick module for it. So we decided to walk to Sim Lim Square to get one and proceeded to Bugis Junction afterwards, having some very nice milk tea at the Wong Kok Hong Kong Cafe.

Nice walkie day.

Need to have more of these.

Need to save money too!

Ahhhhhh.......

2nd of January. Kinda started of as a slowish day as we were preparing for a ceremony at the workplace. As the time for the ceremony got close, I started getting mildly crazy as I was supposed to be the photog..... and I had to ensure the seating arrangements were done properly.... well, it got me scrambling around in a few instances and my colleague was rather shocked when I moved up the stairs with me D70 attached to my tripod and the ball head became loose and my D70 looked like it dropped. Well, I'm glad she feels for my camera! Was so busy, I didn't even have time to check my shots when I got home. Fell asleep like a couple hours after I got home. Yummy sleep.

Oh I'm currently contemplating taking up basic Japanese. Maybe conversation courses or stuff like that. Think it may be fun for going to Japan.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?