<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Japan in Process

For those of you who are in the know (oooh sounds absolutely deliciously cliqueish eh?), you would have already known that I am currently planning for a trip to Japan which is likely to take place in September this year.

I'm all excited over it. Mainly because I can visit the SE Character Goods Store (yes I have posted about this store previously)

The initial plan was to only cover Tokyo, and to cover it extensively. We've got a slight change of plans now and are planning to cover Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka. Haven't quite got the sequence down yet as we need to plan for certain days to be at certain places, for example I have to be in Shinjuku on a weekend and it would be great if it was at the end of the trip, as it involves shopping. We think we will be in Japan for about two weeks. Hopefully the leave will get approved with no issue.

An alternative is to go early in the trip, buy the stuff and mail it back home. This also has an added advantage of having a shorter wait time for the goods when I get home. I certainly do not want to lug my purchases halfway across Japan, if I can choose not to.

Another thing to consider is whether we actually wish to hike up Mt Fuji. We will be in Japan just after the official climbing season ends so that's probably a big negative point as it is. I'm not sure I am fit enough, though I think I should be able to make it up with some luck (weather) and plenty of determination. I seriously do not think my friend can make it up Mt Fuji in her current fitness condition. However, she is very keen to hike up Mt Fuji, as such I think I will plan some local hiking and long walks to let her evaluate the plausibility of that plan.

Even if we do not hike up Mt Fuji, we will definitely be visiting Hakone.. for the Fuji shots! I'll have to work this trip into the itinerary because I want to take the Shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto. It's about $160 for the trip and I simply must ride on the Shinkansen at least once while I am in Japan. Will have to ponder on this.

So many places I want to go, so little time and money! Oh dearie me.

I just met my german language classmate last night and she's flying to Spain tomorrow and going to Japan in April. Dang. I need to travel more!

2 Adorations
Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
sounds tiring
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?