<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 25, 2008

And I thought It Was Me...

I still remember a couple of months back, on nice sunday lunchtime, when I stepped onto the MRT platform less than a minute after the train pulled out of the station, I was very surprised to see about 50-60 people on the platform. I was thinking it was probably a fluke that there were so many people on the platform.

I looked at the train arrival time and it said 7 minutes. Surely, I thought, this crowd is a fluke because SURELY the MRT planners would know when are the peak and off peak period and most definitely would plan train frequencies in order to match the demand.

I got onto the next train and along the way, most of the stations were crowded. I just chalked it up to an exceptionally good day to go out.

I noticed this another couple of times during supposedly off peak hours but I just thought perhaps a review just hadn't been done.

That is until today, when someone came across this little nugget of gold...
http://onelesscar.wordpress.com/2008/01/22/well-spotted/

I'm like.... oh you mean I wasn't imagining things when it feels like MRTs are taking longer to reach? And the trains are much more crowded? So.. even after all the fare hikes, they do not have enough of a profit and must scale back on train frequencies?

What does the HRT mean in the first place? MASS RAPID TRANSIT. We sure have Mass now. Rapid, well, it sure is faster than walking!

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?