<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

KPE, Food and Some Incense

So today is the day my dad said we'd go to KPE Tunnel. It sounds like a little thing but it was really something to look forward to. I guess i has to do with sitting in a car all night while my dad drives us around hahahaha! I love road trips.

So we went through KPE Tunnel, BOTH WAYS. Muahahah! It was kinda fun cos we were trying to see if anyone would speed and trigger the cameras. Indeed the tunnel look sorta impressive cos it was all spanking new, not to mentioned the now almost renowned comprehensive deployment of speed cameras.

After the KPE Tunnel, we went to the Old Airport Road food centre for bites. While passing by one of the satay stalls, I saw someone with a UNTAET (Singapore Contingent) collar shirt and I think it was probably someone from Team 7 or 6. It was almost like a blast from the past. Now, if that wasn't enough of a coincidence, I ran into one of our staff who is finishing his service on Monday. What struck me most was his smile as I usually don't see him smile. I guess ORD really does do wonders to one.

We had grubs at this stall called Fu Xin Cooked Food. It sells all the kuehs like, Bng Kueh, Soon Kueh, Rice Dumpling, Koo Chye Kueh.... I tell you, my mum had a ball there. We ordered stuff to eat and stuff to bring back home. The Kuehs are all made on the spot and served fresh. The Bng Kueh skin is not thick and hard like alot of other places. Yummy stuff.

So off we went after the meal and I thought we'd be heading back home (sad). Then I realised we were kinda on the PIE. No biggie, cos I don't know my ways round very well ^^. Then I started to see signs that said "Changi General Hospital" "Simei" and I was like... hmmm..... where are we going? Changi Village for Round Two?

Then... we got to this street where I was like "Oh, this street is familiar!". And that's how we ended up at Loyang Tua Pek Gong. I tell you, the new building is so beautiful. Especially the ceiling. WOW. The ceiling is so beautiful. I was quite sad because I did not have my camera with me! There are a lot of wood carvings all over the place, it must take a lot of care to maintain the place. In the back room, the lights were quite dim, so the ceiling lights were reflected on the floor in a really gorgeous circle. Again I lament my lack of a camera!

Perhaps someday I should go back there in the daytime with a camera. The shots should be really good!

1 Adorations
Comments:
Hey, you should have brought along a compact camera, at least. But I guess you didnt expect to be at Loyang Tua Pek Gong in the first place, eh!
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?