<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Transformers, More Than Meets The Eye.

I went to watch transformers with a couple of my ex-colleagues. First off, we missed about 1-2 mins of the starting scene as they started the show on time. In fact it was probably started early.

Watching the show was a real rush! Man, childhood comes rushing back at ya! Surely the show can do no wrong... it's a Transformers show after all! You hear Optimus Prime's voice and you go "Awwwww"

I was glad that I went to watch the show, however, the things that I will make more mention of are not the good stuff but rather the bad stuff.

It is important not to fall into the "Emperor's New Clothes" mentality and fail to notice things just because it is labeled Transformers.

Good: The show was two hours long.
Bad: Actual Transformer screentime was maybe 45 mins?

Good: Great graphics
Bad: Contrary to what one of my friend says, I do not think that the fact that a real true blue Transformers *ought* to be able to differentiate who's fighting is an excuse for the messy cinematography. I didn't have a real beef with the fight scenes though, I think it was fast and action packed, but the scenes were seriously forgettable. The only scene I remembered was when Jazz got torn into 2 pieces. Unmemorable fight scenes.

Good: Updated designs for Transformers
Bad: I disliked half of the designs. What happened to Starscream... Like a giant bat. And I haven't even talked about Bumblebee and Jazz!!! I didn't really check out the designs before the show, cos more suspense what. I mistook Bumblebee for Jazz. Bumblebee is now a Chevrolet Camaro and the 2008 Camaro is so darn cool. It's just so not Bumblebee. Bumblebee looks like Jazz now. Jazz is a Pontiac omg.... from Porsche to Pontiac.... what a bummer.

The Decepticons got decidedly alien and evil looks. Megatron has teeth. Teeth. He needs to eat?

Good: There is a plot with humans.
Bad: The plot with humans is too long. I go to the theatres to watch a movie about Giant Transforming robots. I want to see Giant Transforming robots. I don't want to see some half baked love story yadda yadda. More Transformer action, less humans! We had what... 10 transformers?

I am however, willing to allow a concession on that this is a buildup to Transformers 2 & 3 and that there will be buttloads of Transformers in those!

I am currently not a fan of Michael Bay's directing of the Transformers Live Action Movie.

I'm kinda hoping that they make Bumblebee a VW Beetle and Jazz a Porsche again. I don't care if they have to put in stupid plots twists to do it.

7 Adorations
Comments:
u seem to be able to do long posts now
 
Yes, it got fixed with that long downtime they had for blogger
 
and we're all reaping the benefits
 
I'll take that as a compliment
 
oh please do.. it most definitely is
 
Dude, Jazz is a Porsche. Its a new Porsche prototype. That Pontiac was Barricade the cop decepticon.
 
No, the Jazz in the Transformers Movie is a Modified Pontiac Solstice.

Barricade is a Saleen 5281 Mustang.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?