<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Saying A Sad Goodbye To A Bubble Tea Joint I So Loved.

I got so upset today when I was having bubble tea at this place I have frequented so many times. I was more upset because this meant that I would never be coming back to this place that I have spent so much time in. It has memories for me but I have to say goodbye to them forever.

It was a stupid little thing actually. So stupid and dumb.

I had ordered two drinks and a plate of fishcakes they called 甜不辣. For the unenlightened, I do not eat chilli. NO. NONE. ZILCH. NADA. Get the idea?

I hadn't ordered this dish for some time, but previously when I ordered it, they always put the sauces (such as chilli) on the side. Today it was liberally poured onto the fish cakes. I asked the person serving the food :"Oh, so you guys now serve the chilli on the food?"

She asked the person next to her and told me :"Yes"

I was actually a little sheepish at this point because I did not ask them to NOT add chilli. I decided to ask them if they could remove the chilli for me. The person merely replied with:" Put already how to remove?"

I was getting miffed by that, but what started to get me ticked was the attitude. Coupled with the fact that she said:" It's not hot lah"

If I don't want to eat chilli, I DON'T WANT TO EAT CHILLI.

I cannot even begin to count how many times people have told me something is not spicy and I end up having to wash the darn stuff down with water.

If you can't do it, just tell me you can't do it. Don't give me this kind of stupid answer.

I sat for a while and steamed over it. I was so ticked that I dropped my spanking new NDS (yay NDS I love the NDS) into my bag and it hit the chair with a thud. I decided to return the plate of food to them and pay for it.

While I was returning the food, I placed it down rather roughly, which caused one of the fishcakes to fly out of the plate. I do admit that was rather rude of me.

Subsequently, one of the persons serving came up to me and asked me what the problem was and why I "threw the food down". I explained to her and her replies just started getting me angrier and angrier.

She said I could have talked about it nicely, that I did not have to be so rude as to throw the food onto the counter. Like DUH. I DID ask nicely, but what was the reply? I do agree that I had put the food down rudely. She does have a point on this part though, I fully agree.

I got so ticked that I decided to just pay for the whole bill and leave without finishing my food. She kept pushing the fact that they weren't wrong in serving the food with chilli. I then got irritated and pointed out the fact that the food was called 甜不辣 which literally means sweet not spicy and they did not say that chilli will be served on the food. She went on to say that I cannot use the way food is served at other places to evaluate the way the serve food here. I said that I had previously eaten this food here and they did not serve it like that and she actually challenged me by asking how long ago. Kaoz.

She said I had a bad attitude (which I admit) and I said :"Yes, but at least I pay for the food"

By saying that I meant that I wasn't going to weasle out of the bill, but she thought that I was using money to pressurise her. She proceed to shout at me as I was leaving the shop:"Got money very big is it?" To which I responded:"Of course!"

The above was conducted in mandarin so everything has been translated as accurately as I can.

What made me so mad till now is the fact that I will never be going back to that shop ever again. Not after all these years. Never. Food quality has dropped over the years. Service became so bad. I still went back but this is the absolute last straw.

Back in the day, the service staff was so nice. They'd even guess what my friends and I was ordering because we were such regular customers. They'd stop by to say a word or two with us.

It came to be that I felt that I should not let this incident go awy like that so I decided to go and try my luck at finding the boss. I went back later, about 3 hours later and most of the staff had changed over. The initial staff who told me that nothing could be done about the chilli was still there though. I told them that I wanted to apologise to the cashier and she was going on about how her colleague was right and stuff. Hello, you are digging a larger grave.

I am now going to look for their boss even if I have to go to other branches to do it!

Stupid little chilli incident. I don't pay good money to be insulted.

Anyway, the good thing that came out of this was that nw, I have found two more places to tuang in and they are both much cheaper than the bubble tea place.

I have to thank that really aggravating person for helping me save money in future. Maybe I should send her flowers.

1 Adorations
Comments:
BOO
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?