<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, May 31, 2007

St James Power Station

This (well, technically yesterday) afternoon, my colleague called me up and asked if I wanted to go to St James. I was like "HUH? St James???"

Turns out that some of the guys wanted to go and she did not want to be the only girl there. Anyway we ended up going into Dragonfly at around 2130ish. My colleagues actually signed up for the memberships as well. The membership is $268 a year and you get a free bottle of liqour plus some other benefits.

This was my second time in a club. The music was pretty good, though you'd be hard pressed to get a seat as seats are reserved two weeks in advance. The live band was another thing though... really felt like a 'getai' when the live band was playing. Only 1 singer was pretty much good, the rest were probably running 7th month gigs before this one. Some of the backup dancing was horrendous as well, but most times we weren't paying much attention.

As we had arrived much earlier than my friend with the table did, we spent some time standing around. When my friend finally arrived, we went over to the table and joined them. My colleague did an immediate assessment of the situation and decided that the table next to us were full of tai-tais. Evidence as follows:

1) Each of their bags were worth no less than 5 digits. I have no idea, but my friend does. Their accessories were expensive too, and shoes, we haven't talked about the shoes!
2) The manager of the joint was entertaining them the entire night. When they left to somewhere else briefly, he was there looking after their table and belongings. Needless to say their service was prompt too!

No wonder so many girls say they want to marry a rich husband. I spend $100 on clothes I already want to cry...... I think the tips they give is more than that lol!

I have a colleague whom we thought had a high tolerance for liquor. Goodness.. he went down after 3 small bottles of Moet Chandon Champagne and a few glass of liquor which has been mixed with mixers. He actually managed to puke on the floor and generally knocked out.

In the end, the colleague who asked me to go (colleague A) and I had to send him (colleague B) home. Colleague A was really reluctant to leave as she has not gone to a club in a long long time. After we left, colleague A started to get her drunkness kicking in and got rather emotional, so I had 2 drunk cats on my hands. Luckily colleague B was able to take care of himself or else I'd be doing quite a gig!

We went to Vivocity and tried to get a cab there, afer some waiting, I managed to flag down a cab, but as I tried to get my colleagues to board the cab, the cab ran away! I was so ticked. I think the cab license plates was SHB 9029 B or something like that. Only thing I had time to remember was 9029. I dislike it when you think you got a cab and then you don't. He probably sw the 2 drunk cats and decided to save his cab though, can't blame him totally but what do you expect at a nightspot area at that time?

We managed to flag down another cab although I had some competition for this cab. Can you believe a GUY tried to steal the cab I flagged down. The cab stopped and he approached the cab and was almost going to open the door. Fortunately there were 2 cabs, so we didn't have to have any discussion on the issue as he decided to go for the second one. I don't know what the heck he would try to do if there were only one cab but after the last incident of me having a cab stolen by a butch, I don't think he would get away without some objection from my side.

The cab driver of the cab we managed to get was very nice. Once my colleagues got on the cab, he actually bothered to ask if he was ok. When he dropped colleague B off, he noticed that colleague B was going to cross the road and stayed till colleague B was safely cross the road before moving off. Colleague B was 50% sober by that time.

After I dropped off Colleague A and got home, the cab fare was $42.60 .. woohoo! Anyways, that was my only expenditure for the night so it wasn't too bad.

I do want to visit Movida, Bellini Room and Mono though. They sound pretty interesting to me. Like I said, Dragonfly's live band isn't quite to my taste. Great music, not so great band for me.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?