<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 06, 2007

He's There... The Phantom of The Opera.....

Yeps, I went to watch the Phantom of the Opera with my friend. It's the second time I have watched it. The first time, it was staged in the Kallang Theatre. It may just be me hallucinating but I could have sworn that chandelier that many years ago was way prettier. It would be hilarious if it turned out to be the same chandelier though.

I chose to watch it on Good Friday simply because it's unlikely that work would come calling. We've already gone back to work on CNY before but I doubt they would do similar on Good Friday.

As is the nature of the Phantom of the Opera.. Christine sings with an operatic style (some Christines' more than others) and this particular Christine was rather operatic, some of the time I could not tell what exactly she was singing. I knew what she was singing only because I know the song lol.

I don't have much to gripe about, except that I guess the amount of money you pay for a performance is directly proportional to the 'commitment' you give to the show. In the first half, my friend's 'neighbour' was simply busy on the phone. In the second half, the neighbour changed but now she keeps SMSing.

Can't we just sit down and enjoy a performance? The handphone is very very disturbing during a performance. It is downright rude to the performers as well. I can accept an occasional SMS or interruption , but not all the time.

Other than that, we had some rather excitable teenagers seated near us. Can't be helped as those were the seats that they could afford. At least they did keep quiet enough.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?