<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 19, 2007

Admission is Liberation

So today I did something I didn't really think I would do. I proclaimed in a meeting (of peers of course no bosses involved, I'm not THAT kamikaze yet) that I am sure I would not get another contract and that I know where I am going to. Till now, I don't know if I will get another contract but it is fair to assume that one does not get a contract, until one signs on the contract.

The good systems are in place, but whether they have been enforced is another issue.

I told some people about what my plans are after I leave this job. Of course initially, thinking about leaving this job is scary. When you've been in a job for years, you get rooted, cosy and highly resistant to changes. However, it is inevitable and rather than be caught by surprise, we should prepare ourselves accordingly. No one is going to take care of us but ourselves. We don't owe anyone our livelihood.

I found that after I started telling people, I felt so much more liberated. Freedom. Whether the plans pan out or not is irrelevant. I feel less bound by the worries of not getting a contract.

I think I can say that I starting to mood liao~!

3 Adorations
Comments:
As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end, eh. So no worries about your leaving your job. Rather, you should plan and look forward to your future challenges.

btw when is your 'ORD' date?
 
July 2008.

Akan Datang!
 
That's more than 1 year away! There's more than enough time to plan / prepare for the next 'challenge'.

Oh, isn't a little too early to mood...?? lol
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?