<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Life's Good, In Comparison

I was reading an article about an elderly lady on public assistance and I thought about the money I spent just today on the way home. I shan't calculate the money I spent at work. I bought the following after work.

1) 2 packs of hamster food ($11 x 2 = $22) - These are not my hamsters btw
2) 1 KG of sliced pork ($39) and 500g of golden coins pork ($20)
3) 1 pandan kaya cake from Bengawan Solo ($13.80)
4) 2 pcs Kueh Salat from Bengawang Solo ($1.20)
5) 1 packet Ngoh Hiang Bee Hoon ($4.40)

That's a total of $100.40!!

She only gets $260 a month and she needs to pay rent, utility etc etc with it. Maybe they will increase the amount as one MP is pushing, to $400. Then the old lady can buy "some small fishes to put in her soup" .

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?