<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 13, 2006

Upgrade!

I have just upgraded to Firefox 2.0 and the first thing I need to say is that I can log onto UOB without IE ! I had to enable SSL 3.0 encryption in Firefox first though, but that was an easy one to solve this time round. Now if only this installation also resolved the dumb post limit issue I have been nagging on and on about.

Firefox 2.0 is choke full of new features and I have yet to figure them out. Most obvious are the 'close tab' buttons on each tab, the ability to re-open your most recently closed tabs, and a inbuilt spell checker! As I am typing this post, Firefox is checking my spelling ^^

The installation was quite painless. Download, install, go! It was done in about 3 mins.

Tomorrow is the audit that I blew my leave for. I hope the course that I am supposed to be in charge of next month is cancelled so that I can clear my leave, or else I will just devise something to make it worth my time taking this bunch of new guys through their course. Heh. Heh heh. Heh heh heh.

Anyway after using the word 'cancelled' in the above paragraph, I think Firefox's spell check is aligned to American English. It wants me to use 'canceled'.

I am just coming to realise the extent of ignorance my colleague has. He is a good worker. He wants to get things completed (many time at my exasperation but I guess you can't fault people for doing work) but my goodness he can be clueless about the most basic things. I'm trying to be nicer to him, but it takes time and sometimes, you just can't let him do what he wants cos it affects too many people.

He'd be a great co worker for people who love to delegate jobs left and right. Just stuff the job to him and let him do it. He'll be happy cos he's got work to do and the delegator is happy cos he doesn't need to do the work. Maybe I should learn to delegate BIG TIME. Win win situation.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?