<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Post Limit, Begone?

Just in case anyone remembers me griping about limits in my post length, I think I may have found the solution. While there is no post limit, Blogger has a 1MB page limit, so you cannot exceed that limit per page.

I have reduced the number of posts displayed on the main page to 8 (it was 10). We'll see whether that works out. I haven't quite worked out how that allowed me to posts much longer posts while in Australia, but I guess that was probably at a time when my page limit happened to be much lower.

Another thing I'm thinking of changing is post archival. As you can see, the archives are listed on the left hand side in months. As time goes by, that list will grow to be very very long and it would look absolutely horrible. As far as I know, the other option is to only display a limited number of previous posts. My ideal is to be able to retrieve old posts easily, but I don't think that is supported by Blogger.

Also, if anyone knows of a way to update book reading lists without manually going into the template and changing it, please let me know. I currently manually add the book into the template. Please see "Currently Reading" in the left hand bar.

Incidentally, I do think that I have exceeded the normal 'post limit' I would have had. I am going to save a copy of this post, and press the "Publish Post" button. If you are reading this, then that means I found the solution ^^

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?