<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 13, 2006

Errors in Article. Hmm.

Maybe I should really think about being an English teacher of sorts.

I was reading a Channel News Asia article and I saw the following errors. Why am I so picky about these typos? It's because they appear in a publication that should have been proof read! I don't care if you misspell half the words on your blog, but if you write for a living, for goodness sake get it right.

The Article

Error: Scandinavian misspelt as Scandanavian and Scadanavian. Perhaps both Scandinavian and Scandanavian are acceptable, but I'm sure scadanavian is not! (" ... cannot follow the Scandanavian model of 'welfarism'. Examples include Scadanavians not depending... ")

Error: Permanent misspelt as permanant (" it becomes an entitlement, it's permanant, there'll be budget deficits...")

And someone needs to explain to me what is a 'social compact ("...because globalisation is going to strain our social compact.")

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?