<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 18, 2006

A New Look at Cixi

Yep. I went to watch Forbidden City for the second time. This time I felt the show was pretty good. The first time I watched it, I was quite bored by Act 2. Perhaps it is because my expectations were greatly lowered this time round. Who knows?

Of course, such an announcement must be followed by what are my favourites of the show.

Favourite Character : Kate Carl. (She's my friend. So I'm partial. Sue me.)
Favourite Song(s): Stories (Morrison), Falling in Love (Kate), The Land of our Fathers (Yehenara, Prince Tun, Ensemble)

They have in fact tweaked the show a bit. I do not remember such an interesting brothel scene the last time round. Maybe I was too bored. Hmm.

Also Kit sounds more musical theatre style this time round (and I think she was tired by the time I watched the last time.)

That said....as the script was granted artistic license, many many other details were left out (How Cixi was selected to be a concubine, Tong Zhi died without marrying, Guang Xu wasn't kept under house arrest etc) , it's all in the name of an entertaining show though.

I'm still hoping for a re-stage of Sing to the Dawn.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?