<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 03, 2006

My Obsession with Credit Cards

As my close friends will be able to tell you, I have an unhealthy obsession with credit cards.

I absolutely love to pay with it, anywhere that I can. In fact, if one of my friends insists on paying with cash... I can get quite pissy about it.

So, I got down to thinking about it. Why?

I narrowed it down to the following factors.

1) COOL. I dunno why, but not paying with cash makes me feel good. Wannabe mentality perhaps?

2) LAZY. It is a true fact that I am lazy. In fact, I can get so lazy I don't even make a trip to an ATM. So by me paying with credit cards and people paying me in cash, I don't have to go to an ATM. I am THAT lazy.

3) The Monthly Statement. Everything that I charge gets on the monthly statement. At the end of the month, that's the only chance I get to see where my money went. All my other attempts at recording my expenses have been.... like feeding a fish to a cat. Gone in a jiffy.

4) Discounts. While dining out, you do get discounts now and then with credit cards. It's great to have a surprise discount, but to be honest, is not such a major factor.

Credit Card points, some of you may say... but to be honest, my expenses are not high enough to rack up points to count for much. In fact, I have had points expire on my UOB card in March and June simply because I didn't redeem anything (I could redeem a couple of movie tickets at least) . Also I think some of my Starhub points expired too. I kinda just don't track them.

1 Adorations
Comments:
How many cards do you have?

Perhaps you can zoom down to say like 2 cards to have a better balance between running out with no points and some sort of payment mode still.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?