<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Penguin Parade!

Today I'm on a day trip that will bring me to see Fairy Penguins. These penguins are supposed to be the smallest of all penguins. Start the trip off at 1330. Rainy, soaky and generally cold miserable day. Oh dear.

First stop was at a farm place where you could see some local animals. Urgh. It's too cold for that. I stayed in the coach most of the time because I was cold.

We get to Philip Island and see a couple more stuff, grab dinner bites and then we go to the Penguin Parade.

Now, what happens at the Penguin Parade is that every dawn the penguins will leave their homes and go into the sea in search for food. They return at dusk. There is a observation area specially constructed for viewing, but you must only stay within the prescribed area and absolutely NO photography.

We wait and wait. Patience is a virtue. Luck also factors on how many actually return to their homes. I've heard that sometimes just over a hundred return. Sometimes 7 or 8 hundred return.

Anyways, I'm there freezing my butt off, sitting in puddles of water, waiting for penguins to go home. Those penguins are probably warmer than I am and probably wondering why those idiots are sitting out there shivering away.

Wait and Wait.

Finally, the penguins come back home^^ It's really cute to see them and I really wish I'd been better prepared so that I could enjoy the whole event more.

Now to move tactically back to the coach.

Note to Self: If I ever go to Penguin Parade again. Bring a poncho. And Weather gear.

0 Adorations
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?